[dokuwiki] Re: Acronym bug

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:59:24 +0200

See http://bugs.splitbrain.org/?do=details&id=538 ;-)

> What I find very odd.
> - differences between my reference install and splitbrain

fixed it partly today you probably missing a pull

> - if I change my dev install to use '\b' I get the same results as
> splitbrain.  If I use current boundary setting I get same results as
> my reference install.

It originally used \b as boundary but this made problems with UTF-8
words. I then fixed it to a custom character class but messed up with
lowercase ASCII chars. This was fixed with my patch I pushed today.

But it still doesn't work as intended and I don't know why.

> Also what is the reason the acronym pattern itself is designated a
> non-captured group?

This is used to group the or'ed acronyms. The lexer doesn't allow
captured grouping as far as I remember but the non captured ones
//should// work (I used them somewhere else I think).

I haven't the slightest idea what goes wrong - maybe we've discovered a
bug in the lexer.