[dokuwiki] Re: Acronym bug

  • From: "Chris Smith" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:23:52 +0100

Hi,

Before I go the whole hog and raise a bug report :)

I have come across some wierd behaviour of acronym.  To see the problem in
action take a look at: http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:bugdemonstration

Really oddly on my own wiki the same page displays differently:

http://wiki.jalakai.co.uk/dokuwiki_0/doku.php/bugs:acronym  (reference
installation, no changes or plugins)

http://wiki.jalakai.co.uk/dokuwiki/doku.php/bugs:acronym  (dev installation,
plugins, changes, acronym boundary changed to '\b')

I run gentoo 2.6.11/apache 2.0.54/php 4.4

What I find very odd.
- differences between my reference install and splitbrain
- if I change my dev install to use '\b' I get the same results as
splitbrain.  If I use current boundary setting I get same results as my
reference install.

I haven't raised a bug report as I think it should be simple to solve.  Only
I haven't managed yet!

Is there a reason the acronym patterns use a special selection of characters
as boundaries for the acronym rather than the word boundary anchor '\b'?

Also what is the reason the acronym pattern itself is designated a
non-captured group?

Cheers,

Chris