[dokuwiki] Re: ACL cookie problems

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 22:09:17 +0200

Hi!

> I visit a few wikis many times a day and on 2 of them I have the same
> password (the other don't have ACL protection). On my own wiki, I set
> the option to remember my password. But when I change wiki (to wiki 2
> i'll say), I get an error because my login and password are wrong.

I guess it's because both wikis are installed on the same domain? So the
DOKU_AUTH cookie is shared between the installations.

There are multiple ways of fixing this.

You could make sure both installations use the same passwords and cookiesalts
(eg. using symlinks)

You could move them to different (virtual) domains.

DokuWiki could add the title into the cookiename (like done in the session
object)

Dokuwiki could restrict the cookie to it's path (eg. /dokuwiki).

I guess the last method would be the correct way to handle this. Could you file
a feature request?