[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [release-team mostly, but all others are welcomed to be greeted :)] I'm on!

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 18:08:36 -0500

On 10/7/2010 5:08 PM, Andreas Gohr wrote:
Hi,

Speaking of which: does anybody have something important for the
infrastructure team right now?

there are two things that need work, but I'm not sure if that's the
kind of stuff you had in mind

1) We have some problems with the forum. see
http://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/4721

Debugging this is really hard because it isn't reproducible in a
reliable way. Here's what I know:

- it only happens on saving, not on previewing
- the saving action does actually work, so it is something after the
save (maybe redirect related)
- we sometimes have PHP proccesses in D state (uninteruptable sleep)
but I don't know if thats related

As someone who uses the forum a lot and is a frequent contributor, my experience is this. Often, cookies seem to be involved. That is, if the forum freezes after a save, deleting the cookies often solves the problem. I believe Andi once pointed this out. Occasionally, this does not work. However, I believe that even when deleting cookies doesn't work, the post is still saved. (To the best of m recollection.)

I've also had this experience. The forum freezes. I can't access the forum from any machine on my LAN (i.e. at my IP address). However, if I log on to another server, with another IP address, I can sometimes (maybe always, I can't remember) wget the forum. So the forum really hasn't crashed; it just won't talk to my LAN.

--
Myron Turner
http://mturner.org/