[dokuwiki-teams] Re: RE [plugin & template] : Suggestion

  • From: Adrian Lang <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 21:00:06 +0200

Hi chi,

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 16:13:19 +0200
Michael Klier <contact@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Regarding the proposed ideas for managing the plugin listings: I don't
> like the idea of manually manging a wiki table
> containing the information. Considering the vast number of plugins,
> this would be an almost endless effort.
>
> Ideally, we should try to automate as much as possible. Hakan, who did
> the last plugin survey [1] has a
> script which already collects plenty of information regarding the
> plugins listed at dokuwiki.org. I think we should
> contact him and ask him if it's possible to share his script. We could
> build upon this script to create the tools
> we need to do our job. I imagine that data is gathered and published
> in human/machine readable form periodically
> either on the dokuwiki main server or on a server of a team member (I
> could offer to setup sth. on my box).

I agree that a manually created table would be quite some (unnecessary)
work. I propose that we automatically aggregate data from the plugin
pages (most data we want is available there already, other may be
added) instead. We could make this step trivial by basing the
repository plugin on the data plugin (if Andi agrees) which already
provides flexible data aggregation.

Regards,
Adrian