[dokuwiki-i18n] Re: Input methods for Dokuwiki - jQuery plugin

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 11:17:45 +0200

Hi Erik,

thanks for sharing this and welcome to the other Wiki ;-)

> just wanted to make you aware of a new input method plugin we're
> working on over at Wikimedia. We've tried to make it generally usable
> as a jQuery plugin and it'd be lovely to see some of our free software
> friends adopt it.

This is interesting, but I'm not sure I'm getting this. So far I only
played around in the linked example page. As far as I understand this
plugin maps keyboard inputs to different chars. This worked with the
"Capitalize" language but that one is not really useful, I guess. So I
tried the "German" one, but since I use a German keyboard I didn't
really see any difference.

So could you give a short intro on what this actually does and when
it's useful? My guess would be that I would use this if I use a
keyboard mapping/system language that is different from the language I
want to write in and am not able to change this setting?

Andi

--
splitbrain.org