[dmusofties] Re: Anyone remember FP and Haskell?

  • From: Stuart Brady <sdbrady@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmusofties@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:14:29 +0100

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 09:39:00AM +0100, Paul Kennerley wrote:
> Does anyone remember taking Dave Smallwoods Haskell
> module? No, I didnt think anyone would forget, Im sure
> that most people from se00 still have the mental scars
> ;-)

Great stuff!

But then I'm from se01 and I'm not sure if the assessment had changed...
and I took it in my second year, and was therefore doing Prog Spec (aka
Formal Spec?) at the same time.

Unfortunately, Haskell is way smarter than I am, and I don't think I
could ever write any serious programs in it. :-(

I did enjoy the effort required to keep up, but three hours was a bit
much.  I don't know what we'd have done without the break in the middle.

I remember recommending Functional Programming to se02.  I hope they
don't still hate my guts for it!
Stuart Brady