[digitalucifer] [The Blargh] Da' Mo'nin Blizzle

  • From: sku11fukkr <morpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: digitalucifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 06:22:32 -0700 (PDT)

"mine is that which rules this world..."

<morning.blargh>

Scientists Find Planet With 3 Suns
Reuters | July 14, 2005
  Astronomers have detected a planet outside our solar system with not one, but three suns, a finding that challenges astronomers' theories of planetary formation.
  The planet, a gas giant slightly larger than Jupiter, orbits the main star of a triple-star system known as HD 188753 in the constellation Cygnus.
[Read More...]
i'm headed to Tatooine, who's comin' with me?

Why Some People Can't Hold Their Tongues
by Robert Roy Britt | July 13, 2005
  Scientists do strange things sometimes to find answers to vexing questions.
  Take the chicken-feet-for-dinner experiment done by Bill von Hippel of the University of New South Wales.
  Von Hippel wanted to know if some people are more prone than others to sticking their own foot in their mouth, figuratively speaking, and what circumstances might contribute to the problematic social "disease."
[Read More...]
now ain't that some shit...

Enigmatic fossils shed light on early evolution
Jeff Hecht | July 16, 2005
  One of the most puzzling phases in the evolution of life - the Ediacaran period - is giving up its secrets. Two strange fossil types are helping palaeontologists understand the weird inhabitants of the Ediacaran period.
  "We are at a watershed," says Ediacaran expert Guy Narbonne of Queens University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. The Ediacaran, which began 635 million years ago after a global freeze christened "Snowball Earth", was only added to the geological timescale last year. It bridges the evolutionary chasm between the 2.5-billion-year reign of single-celled organisms and the "Cambrian explosion" of abundant animal fossils 542 million years ago.
[Read More...]
i wish newsci didn't go all subscription on our asses.

</morning.blargh>

"...the beast is come, i am the end"

--
Posted by sku11fukkr to The Blargh at 7/15/2005 09:00:00 AM