[digitalucifer] [...Come The Wolves] The Morning Blargh

  • From: sku11fukkr <morpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: digitalucifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:17:12 -0700 (PDT)

Collecting Random News Since Tomorrow Morning.

  Not quite every morning, I collect the news articles that catch my eye. I post a brief and link so you may check them out. I'm doing a service. Someone syndicate me.

<morning.blargh>

Lawmaker Revs Up Fair-Use Crusade
by Katie Dean and Evan Hansen 02:00 AM Jun. 16, 2005 PT
  Rep. Rick Boucher is a rarity in Congress when it comes to digital media. He's taken the side of consumers -- not Hollywood and the music industry -- in the sundry controversies surrounding digital entertainment.
  When it comes to file sharing, Boucher says he'll fight attempts to stifle it.
[Read More...]

Blue Law Makes Webmasters See Red
by Randy Dotinga 02:00 AM Jun. 16, 2005 PT
  SAN DIEGO -- An adult industry trade association plans to head to court this week to fight new federal enforcement efforts that could catch thousands of online porn sites with their pants down.
  Under penalty of federal prison terms, new interpretations of existing regulations would require sites that feature photographs or videos of sexual activity to keep records confirming that performers are of legal age.
[Read More...]

Clean Energy Gets a Boost
Red Herring June 15, 2005
  A U.S. Senate debate on a proposal to cut the nationâs oil imports is helping to lift the green energy industry.
  The clean energy industry and its investors appear to be getting a nice boost as United States lawmakers debate a proposal to cut the nationâs oil imports by 40 percent in 20 years.
  The WilderHill Clean Energy Index, an index of clean energy stocks, rose another $0.84 to $151.02 on Wednesday after rising $3.17 on Tuesday, when the debate in the U.S. Senate began. The index is now at least 10 percent higher than it was in March.
[Read More...]

</morning.blargh>

  Right now, I'm wondering if this deserves a page of its own. Maybe not.
"a human jigsaw to make whole"

--
Posted by sku11fukkr to ...Come The Wolves at 6/17/2005 08:15:00 AM