BIG News Alert for better and National Ballot Initiatives!

  • From: Evan Ravitz <evan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 10:29:16 -1000

Greetings direct democracy fans. I've been waiting for opportunities like
these for decades!

!. My friend Dan Marks, here in Hawaii, somehow got Congress to start
counting the backlog of requests from States for a US Constitutional
Convention! Here's Congress' website for counting:
http://clerk.house.gov/legislative/memorials.aspx (They are counting VERY
slowly. My Colorado Congressman and friend Jared Polis says he'll find out
what the holdup is.)

Here's an interview with Dan. 7:00 in he says the Constitutional Amendment
he is most excited about is NATIONAL INITIATIVES!
http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2015/03/06/video-hilo-man-has-role-in-u-s-constitutional-convention-push/

Dan's group has set up a website where people can propose Amendments and
discuss and vote on them: http://articlev.org I've put Sen. Mike Gravel's
National Ballot Initiative proposal there at: http://articlev.org/
<http://articlev.org/oxwall/groups/national-ballot-initiative-drafting-group>
oxwall/groups/national-ballot-initiative-drafting-group PLEASE support and
comment on it! (The website has a few problems, but a better one should be
ready in a few months. I'll let you know when.)

Dan's a very busy man. If you have ideas, and especially IT skills to
offer, please let me know: evan@xxxxxxxx

2. Billionaire Tim Draper has promised a few million to fund some ballot
initiatives (or other ways) to improve California government:
http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election/2015/04/28/millionaire-vc-tim-drapers-latest-shark-tank-for-good-government/

He set up http://fixcal.org to collect ideas. I've proposed 2 big
improvements to California's ballot initiative process at:
http://www.fixcal.org/a/dtd/Easier-and-Better-Ballot-Initiatives/93103-34555
PLEASE vote for and comment on it. You can sign in with Facebook, Twitter
etc. or set up an account.

All over the world people are demanding direct democracy, from schools to
countries. And they're getting the idea that ballot initiatives are the
basic legal form of direct democracy, and THEY CAN BE USED TO IMPROVE THE
BALLOT INITIATIVE PROCESS, which is too expensive for most people and
groups at present.

Aloha,
Evan
Evan Ravitz <http://EvanRavitz.com> Freelance Editing