[delphizip] Re: license concerns

  • From: Alistair George <bigal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Eric.Engler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:31:02 +1300

Hello Eric,
EEzc> The ideal choice might be if the NanoZip author wants to focus only on the
EEzc> low-level code. This could be great for us, because our focus is on the
EEzc> "fully functional/heavy" VCL. It might be possible to marry these projects
EEzc> and still keep them separate! In a car analogy, one project would make the
EEzc> engine, and the other would make the body.
Exactly where I was coming from.
So what remains is:
EEzc> I think the future of Delphi Zip should be planned by those who are doing
EEzc> the most work on the project. I'll go along with whatever Russell and
Roger
EEzc> want to do. And it depends of what the NanoZip author wants to do.

EEzc> I can contact the NanoZip author if Russell and Roger want me to.
EEzc> I am just a coordinator...
But you do a heap of work. Much appreciated by all.

BTW NanoZip is a very active group. I have subscribed and they are working on
similar ways to what we are here although a new zip format has not been mooted
their co-ordinator/author seems to be a very open sort of guy. Hopefully it will
work  out  in the end. I'm sure I speak for all that we appreciate the work that
Russell  and  Roger  have  done  they may not be too keen on moving into another
area. You know what its like you have a pet project then somebody else comes
along like me who suggests a change - its like an insult even though it is not
intended that way.

To summarize if Russell and Roger concur how about I work with you to draft a
'proposal' to Adem/NanoZIP. It would be short mail, but the initial way the
proposition is mooted is pretty important I think.
--
Regards,
 Alistair+