[delphizip] Pulling files from zip ...

  • From: "Gavin Morris" <gavin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:27:44 +0800

Hi all,

I have need of some code that, rather than extracting a zipped file to a =
stream
in it's entirety, decompresses it a chunk at a time and allows the app =
to read
the requested number of bytes out of the decompress buffer.

I'm reading and processing data from compressed text files, each of =
which is
large enough to make extracting each file fully impractical.

I'm currently examining the source to the unzip DLL to see if it can be =
modified
to allow this, but I have some questions:

- are there good technical reasons the DLL provides the push interface =
to extraction?
- has anyone gone over this ground already?
- Is there existing functionality to do this that I've missed?

Hope someone can help.

-G

---
Gavin Morris, BSc