[delphizip] Problem or limit of Delphi Zip component

  • From: Robbiati Luigi <lrobbiati@xxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 17:05:03 +0100

Hi,
    I make any tests with this very good component and don't found
problem except a test with a very big file to compress.

1) The file to compress is about ~ 1.6Gb.  (1.600.000.000 Bytes)
2) I used for the test the program DEMO1 for Cbuilder (the Cbuider
version used is 5.0 + service pack 1)
    but the same result I achieved with the freeware program QuickZip
(ver 2.15)
3) for this test libraries version  (ZIlDLL.dll and UnzipDll.dll) is
1.60.

4) Both the program ( DEMO1 and QuickZip) build the compress file but
both, put a message "Invalid Zip file".

Question: There are any limitations on file size to compress?
Possible Bug?

Thanks on advanced for any kind of answer

Luigi Robbiati