[delphizip] Re: Multithreaded DLLs for testing

  • From: Eric.Engler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:23:39 -0500

The multithreaded DLLs should be exactly the same speed for a single-task
app. There's just a few differences for multithreading, and it relates to
how the global parameter memory is allocated. There's no threading being
done in the DLLs if the user program doesn't create threads. It shouldn't be
noticeably slower.

There might be a speed difference between the VC++ compiled DLLs and the BCB
compiled DLLs. I've always intended to do some benchmark testing, but I
never got around to it.

Right now my key concern is in stability.

Eric