[delphizip] Re: Keeping old versions of a file in a zip archive

  • From: Alistair George <bigal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Russell Peters <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:33:35 +1300

Hello Russell,
RP> When adding files in OnSetNewName ' append sequence number' to all files (ie
RP> ".#101#").
RP> When Extracting also in OnSetNewName, remove the appended 'sequence number'
RP> (make it readily 'findable').
RP> Provided can Overwrite on extract you will (eventually) be left with the
RP> latest file.
Sounds great - I will work on it and post my code later for the groups use.

RP> Personally I think the exceptions should be handled externally to ZipMaster!
RP> Russell Peters
I agree that all user interface errors should be handled by the calling routine,
not Zipmaster, but for that case, there should be an example error handling
routine for all the possible user interface errors so that new programmers could
work it without to much ado.

Anyone else comment on the above error handling?

Kind regards,
Alistair+