[delphizip] Re: Abort Exception Zipdll.dll

  • From: "Barry Morris" <barry_morris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 01:39:58 -0000

Hi Eric

>Another user reported a problem with strange dates.
>He saw strange dates in his zip file listing after
>compressing some files.

>Are you using the US version of Delphi?

My Delphi was purchased in the UK I don't know if there was a special
release for the British market. I use V5.0 Build 6.18 (SP1).

>Maybe there is something unextected in the computer's
>International date format settings?  I don't have much
>experience with various date formats so that could be an
>issue.

As far as I know the dates would be taken directly from the file system by
the zipdll.

>Can you get a zip file from a user who has this problem
>and test it yourself to see if the zip file has a problem?

The zip file fails to create. When I have askled for a file to be sent to me
it got 'corrected' by the time I came to back it up.

>I suppose it could be caused by an unusal date format
>stored on the hard disk?  I would have the user try to
>zip other unrelated files and see if that is a problem.

Every file on the users drive is been zipped, using one of the scenarios
42,666 were selected for zipping of these files there were three batches of
2 X 200 and 1 X 140 files that caused an Abort Exception, the other 42,126
files were zipped okay. I this instance the zip setting was set to no
compression. The destination of the zipped files was a series of CDs I guess
the User had compression set on his CD writer.

To be honest I do not know whether the files are in the process of been
compressed or whether the zipdll is processing the file details. I'll put a
trace in my program to try and determine this.

Regards

Barry