[ddots-l] Re: vista vs xp with jaws

  • From: "Phil Muir" <ddots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 18:04:45 +0100

BlankGord wrote: Blank: Well, Nvda isn't supporting 64 bit yet.  The problems
seem to have to do with the speech api, not the screen reader itself.  I wonder
if the 64 bit version
has narrator.

Phil replied: I was under the impression that NVDA would run on a 64bit
platform.  I could be wrong though.  Get your point about the API however, I
think that XP64 has SAPI5 so, that would work fine with NVDA.  Hmm, maybe I
will have to dig out my volume licence for XP64 and give it a whirl.  Think I
have all of the drivers I would need to run it on my system.

Regards, Phi    l Muir

P J Muir Productions,
Music And Audio Production
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021
UK+44-1747-821-794
Mobile: UK +44-7968-136-246
E-mail:
info@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  Well, Nvda isn't supporting 64 bit yet.  The problems seem to have to do with
the speech api, not the screen reader itself.  I wonder if the 64 bit version
has narrator.
  GOrd