[ddots-l] Re: the mysterious world of mastering

  • From: "Shawn Brock" <shawn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:05:05 -0800

Hell yeah!  I'll be there man!  Going to get some video...

Luckily I have a gig in LA that weekend, so I'll stay on an extra night and attend the session.

Some of the mastering houses down there are just so outrageous man. One place wanted $500 for a master CD for the plant, and $150 for a listener reference CD. You ever hear of such a thing?

A 3 hour mastering session and the 2 disks were going to cost me over $1900! Talk about armed robbery...

Robert and Doug are strait up though. The price for the session covers everything, and they have me booked from 10 AM until 4 PM.

I think we will probably also go with uploading a DDP to the plant. This will be the first time I have tried that, but it seems like the way to go...

Shawn
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Smart" <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>