[ddots-l] synth rack question

  • From: hf <neep23@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:16:08 -0400

Hello everyone,

I was wondering this the other day and hope that one of the longtime guru's here can shed some light on this.

What is the advantage of adding a soft-synth
through the synth rack and not through the insert menu.
They both do the samething as far as I can tell.
With the exception that through the synth rack, you have to use more
keystrokes and you have to close the project and reopen it again.

Here is a little comparison to illustrate:

insert menu
1. alt+i for insert
2. X for synth
3. choose the synth you want
4. Insert DXI synth dialog box
5. make choices and hit ok
6. you are now in the property of the soft synth

Synth rack
1. alt+v for view
2. H for synth rack
3. A to add a synth
4. choose the synth you want
5. Insert DXI synth dialog box
6. make choices and hit ok
7. you are now in the property of the soft synth
8. close and reopen project.

This is not a bug, just wondering.
I've always inserted synths via the insert menu, I've actually never did it via the synth rack. When I was perusing the CakeTalking manual yesterday, it occurred to me to do it the way it was outlined. There doesn't seem to me much difference besides the one's I illustrated above.
HF

----- Origina