[ddots-l] Re: strings

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 17:05:01 -0000

Hi Neville,

Does GPO 4 work inside Dimension like the Pocket Orchestra?
I'm currently adding the last few softsynths to my collection before getting down to serious work.

Neville I apologise if the next bit of my text sounds condescending as I don't know anything about your musical knowledge.
Regarding Your strings EQ, is it an original track you are working on?
Sometimes strings may not need EQ but subtle arrangement changes such as,
The chord of C E G may sound to close together when recording Strings, simply because it's a 1st 3rd and 5th so rather than have the E as a third, play the E above making it a 10th. This creates the space that hopefully will give the strings that sparkle.

Hope this helps.

Steve W

---- Original Message ----- From: "neville" <neville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>