[ddots-l] Re: some opinions

  • From: "Dave Hillebrandt" <dave@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:21:21 -0400

I can see a lot of advantages in having a laptop on stage but understand what
you mean in regards to the pc doing all of the work. I would like to take that
just a step further as wonder why some choose to have computers play drum
machines and synths via midi rather than simply recording the parts and playing
along to an mp3. I realize some do that as well but just wondering the
advantage of using the midi verses recording parts and making an mp3 out of it
to play with. Would think that having extra midi stuff would take up more room
than an mp3 player if you aren't actually playing all of the parts. Thanks for
any input as curious to hear opinions. Dave