[ddots-l] Re: recording in sonar

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 05:01:28 -0500

At 03:05 AM 11/24/2005, you wrote:

That's what I thought it meant. However, how could you get 2GB of audio
data on a single track?

well, if you were recording in something better than 16bit and higher resolution, say 24 bit/48KHZ, you could fill up 2 gb pretty fast. Even faster if you were recording at 24 bit/96KHZ or 192KHZ, although I haven't heard of anybody running at 24/192K yet.

Someone smarter than me can do the math to see what an hour's worth of uncompressed .wav data is at those bit depths/sampling rates. *grin*

Chris