[ddots-l] Re: recording acoustic guitars

  • From: michael ciarciello <m_dsmusic@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 05:12:57 -0400

Hey Seve, its miKe here, hope all is going well with you.
I'm just curious how your album turned out.
If you remember I did a recording for you a couple of years on one of your
songs.
Did anything ever evolve?
Just on a note to the acoustic guitar subject, its definitely better to record
using a microphone although it all depends on the pic up you use.
Martin has a pretty good system, and works rather well.  Although I still
prefer to use a Sm58, or a special microphone to record acoustic guitars.
I find the microphone actually captures the real sound of the guitar's body
sound.
I generally use the pick up for live.
Hope this helps.