[ddots-l] Re: recording acoustic guitars

  • From: "Sean A. Cummins" <seanacummins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 06:06:54 -0700

Flat on the E.Q. knobs of the guitar (or click position), and go to both
extremes with the output volumes, and the input volume of your sound card.
Find out which produces the most hum, and which produces the least hum, and yet
will provide the highest volume level with the least hum.

Try to not pre color your sounds, record the natural characteristics of the
instrument that it produces, and then use post program E.Q. on your tracks. as
the mix demands.