  From: Len Viljoen
  To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2010 10:58 AM
  Subject: [ddots-l] question about microphones

  Hi all. I'm thinking of purchasing a good quality vocal microphone for myself
for studio recording purposes. I hear and read that capasitor or microphones
are used these days instead of dynamic microphones and that they use phantom
power. I understand those things but now I must purchase a good one. The shops
hear don't keep stock of those kind of microphones so it is very difficult to
get one to test with. I just wondered what some of you guys are using? I know
you get mikes that are very expensive like the numan u87 and so on but I don't
have that kind of money haha. I think this can be a gnice discussion.

  Kind regards

  Len Viljoen