[ddots-l] Re: question about lyrics

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:43:23 -0800

Sarah,

Okay, now I understand. I think the convention is to stack
the verses above/below the staff and parenthetically
highlight the places where the words will vary from the
musical phrasing.

Setting up a second voice just in those areas will give the
singer the correct phrasing in those parenthetical places.

Best I can suggest.

Dave