[ddots-l] Re: question

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:16:51 -0700

Omar,

You can use quantization to help stretch out your notes to fill in the blanks,
as a MIDI file in Sonar, I'm sure. If you are using Sibelius there are a couple
plug-ins that help to clean up MIDI scores imported so that your cleanup is a
lot simpler.

Other than that, Gordon's suggestion is the absolute best way to generate a
file that is clean. Play every note as legato and simple as possible to avoid
the gaps. It's actually easier to clean up a file with overlapping notes using
Sibelius, than to fill one in with short-duration notes.

I've produced some very ugly scores in Sibelius and I finally figured out why
my fellow musicians were gagging as they tried to play the music. Lots of
laughs.

Dave