[ddots-l] Re: problem between module and sonar

Omar,

Sounds like the memory on the XV that holds your performances is becoming
scrambled. Does the XV use flash memory, or is it older battery backed slow
refresh RAM. If its the older memory type, then probably the battery that
keeps the memory going when the power is off is running down on you. You can
call Roland tech support, and they should be able to tell you.

If you can't fix it, then you can still use the SysEx file that I sent you.
When the XV is turned on, and you transmit this SysEx file to it, the
performance will be stored in the XV's temp buffer. The temp buffer is RAM,
so it should be stable as long as the XV is turned on. Not the best
solution, but at least it will keep your module from being total junk with
scrambled performances and whatnot.

I'd still call Roland and ask them about the battery, though. No random
messages received from another MIDI device would corrupt your module's
memory. Random messages could change the settings, but they'd never produce
those messages about the memory being damaged.

Anyhow, this is not an issue related to a Dancing Dots product, so we should
probably continue this thread off-list or over on MIDI-Mag.

Bryan
  _____