[ddots-l] Re: powered studio monitors

  • From: Nickus de Vos <bigboy529@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 14:04:46 +0200

Don't know if my previous mail whent through, sorry if it did.
Are you sure the Mackies are discontinued? the other day I still saw
some of them in the shop but that can just be old stock they still
have. If you really want the same monitors again I would recommend
asking Mackie themselves just to make sure they are discontinued, or
ask different shops, they might still have old stock lying around.
It's amazing what shops sometimes find in their own storerooms, one of
my friends baught a pair of NS10s the other day, it was a pair a shop
found in one of its storerooms.
I personally find the Adam a7x a little too crisp and topsy for my
liking but this obviously depends on your personal preference and the
music you do. Also check out the KRK VXT8, they are about the same
price as the Adams and I find them to have deeper but tighter bass and
also a smoother high end.

Nickus