[ddots-l] Re: oops,

  • From: Jack Conti <jackconti@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 13:21:51 -0400

Rui ct is where i am stuck.

i am glad you wrote this and i think i don't do enough the sonar help, did a couple of years back and for some reason, stopped. probably missing some valuable things there as well.
thanks for the advice.
At 12:59 PM 5/5/2012, you wrote:
Hi Jack,

The learning rithym could be diferent for every person, however your way is the right way! I learn almost all of it by reading the Cake talking step-by-step manual, using the F1 sonar help, using the jaws key plus the H key, using google, of course, and making lots of questions on this great advance list.

I must admit, and probably i am not the only one, that even nowing how to use the clips pain feature, i almost never use it! i mean i suppose that it's like 3% of your technique, however, it's imperative to master it if necessary!

when you get your way, your teknique, have a prefer reverb, compressor, delay, etc... to use and work with, you will get fastier and the results will be with better quality for sure!

If you make any change to a track and you will save that project, you can always go to that project audio folder and get a past recorded clip and start all over again, if it wasnt deleted of course! It's always recommended that you save the projects with another name once in a while, like; make the basic recordings and midis, etc... and save it with a first name.
Then, make some progress before masterization and save it with a 2nd name.
Then, master all of it! this way you will have always a starting poit nright?

Sometimes, i get the feeling that this kind of advance softwares got many features for the same result! so, we could get lost in time, instead of making cool music!

Once again,, that's the way, read the step-by-step manual,make some projects to test that knowledge.

Good music,
regards,
Rui Vilarinho

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Conti" <jackconti@xxxxxxx>