[ddots-l] Re: moving buses in Sonar 5

  • From: "Phil Muir" <philmuir1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:12:26 +0100

Cool, you worked it all out then.

Regards, Phil Muir
P J Muir Productions
Music and audio production

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin L. Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxx>
To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 9:01 AM
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: moving buses in Sonar 5

Phil,
thank goodness I have Sonar 3 on my laptop. There's where I
found out how to lock the mouse. Anyway, once I did that, I tried
moving the buses up and down. Yes, you can move both up and down in CT
using the ALT Shift numpad arrows. It takes about 4 up clicks to move a
bus one row. Same with down clicks. Curiously, I had to route JAWS to
PC which put the cursor at the extreme left corner of the bus I wanted
to move. Using the JAWS cursor, I moved to the right about four clicks
until I heard "m" in master. I then moved one click to the left. JAWS
did not say "unknown." It just said "blank." I decided I was at the
right place at that point so I locked the mouse and pressed Alt Shift
down arrow four times and voila. When I unlocked the mouse, the bus was
moved down one row. It turned out that I had changed the cursor shape
option in my default.JCF file and not my Sonar JCF file. Once I changed
it in Sonar JCF, JAWS said "unknown" one click to the left of the first
letter in the name of a bus. Pressing Alt Shift up or down numpad arrow
three or four times in any given direction would move the bus one row
once the mouse button was unlocked. I have enough vision to actually
see that the move doesn't occur until you unlock the mouse, but it does
happen. It's frightening the things I don't know about JAWS. I really
should get to know that sucker better. I sometimes feel like I don't even belong on this team. Nah, not really,

Kevin