[ddots-l] Re: [midi-mag] Live recording

  • From: "Greg Brayton" <Greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 11:03:58 -0400

I'll check that out.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Charles Marston
  To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:36 AM
  Subject: [ddots-l] Re: [midi-mag] Live recording

  Greg:
  It may be that you have "dim solo" enabled.  This allows you to still hear
all tracks while soloing one.  To enable dim solo, first solo the track you
want to work on and then press alt+s.  To disable it, press alt+s again.

  I hope that helps.

  From: Greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  To: midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx
  CC: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 08:54:09 -0400

  another thing, coppyed the project to my studio set up. Open up the project
same thing, solo greg guitar, hear everything, with Greg guitar just a touch
louder.
  Delete that track and re  import the guitar audio from the project audio, hit
ssolo same deal, here everything with guitar a little louder.
  Delete all the events in the project, then import guitar audio on to the
guitar track, and that's all I hear is guitar.
  Man I just can't figure what it could be, and why the recorded audio comes
out clean when you import to an empty template. But even having deleted the
guitar of just the guitar track, with out deleting anything else, then
importing the guitar audio from the project, and I still have the same problem.
  I have to think it's something in my original track template I use for
recording but having said that I don't see how it can give me solo project
audio but not have it bee that way on playback.