[ddots-l] Re: memory lane was Re: Re: exporting to mp3

  • From: "Kevin Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 00:29:36 -0600

What was a PPG?

-----Original Message-----
From: ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Tim Burgess
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:55 PM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: memory lane was Re: Re: exporting to mp3

Fair point.  The trick was to have the capital to buy such a thing then
lease it out - I heard that Howard Jones offset the cost of the Fairlight he
bought by re-mortgaging the family home and then hiring it out until he got
big.  My PPG paid for itself by me leasing it out to the Birmingham studio
crowd, otherwise I couldn't have generated enough to keep up the first
year's payments.

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess
Raised Bar Ltd