[ddots-l] Re: live performance recording

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 22:17:03 +0100

Hi Omar,

I have an old Fostex 8 track Hard Drive Studio and it's very easy to use due to the fact, all of the necessary controls are physical switches and knobs.

As you know, most recorders these days are screen based and not accessible, plus, they seem to be designing more multitrack recorders with studio bouncing in mind with only 2 inputs to record too.

I had a look on the net, and may have found a system that may just possibly be accessible for live situations.
I must stress, I haven't physically seen one of these systems.
I've placed details below.

Around $330 is the Fostex MR8HD 8-Track Digital Recorder.

The Fostex MR8HD 8-Track Digital Recorder records to an internal 40GB drive for more than 15 hours of 8 track digital recording at CD quality (16-bit/44.1kHz). The simple and intuitive operation inherited from the Fostex MR-8 recorder is enhanced by features like 4-track simultaneous recording, push-dial button for easy menu operation, full-track bouncing to a new song, and a USB Host function for external CD burning. The Fostex digital recorder has a USB port for stereo WAV file-transfer between the unit and a PC. Built-in digital effects including reverb and delay, and guitar amp and microphone simulations. Dedicated analog guitar distortion knob, S/PDIF digital out for digital mastering, and twin headphone outs give you added control and versatility.

Fostex MR-8HD 8-Track Digital Recorder with 40GB Hard Drive Features:
List of 11 items
Internal, 40GB, 3.5" hard drive provides more than 15 hours of 8-track recording at 16-bit/44.1kHz
Intuitive, simple control environment
128 x 64-dot LCD
Full-track (8-track) bouncing to a new song
Push-dial button for easy menu operation
USB port for stereo WAV file-transfer between unit and PC
Built-in digital effects including reverb, delay, and guitar amp and mic simulations
Dedicated analog guitar distortion knob
USB Host function for external CD burning
S/PDIF digital out for digital mastering
Twin headphone outs

Steve W

----- Original Message ----- From: "Omar Binno" <omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx>