[ddots-l] ivory

  • From: "Paul Erkens" <pje@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 02:56:39 +0100

Hi Gord,

I just purchased the Synthogy Ivory piano. I installed it, but I'm facing two problems.

1. Most importantly: I can't get it to work. I inserted it into sonar. I've done this often with steinberg hypersonic and tts-1, so I know how it must be done. I have a midi channel in place, bank 0, the first available patch in there, the output is set to the ivory, the audio track's input comes from ivory, but no sound at all. What am I overlooking or doing wrong? Should I load a piano to start with?

2. I can't understand the ivory property page. It does say ivory 1.50, and clean sound board. Appart from that I see a whole lot of graphics and numbers, but nothing makes sense. Can you please explain how I can get this beautiful instrument to start sounding over here? Which parts are accessible for us, and which ones are not?

Paul.