[ddots-l] Re: fw1184 help

  • From: "Michael Christer" <mc3203@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:45:45 -0000

Hey Mike!

This is just a cautionary note regarding the FW-1884 and using a separate
soundcard for JAWS.
Whatever you do, don't  set JAWS to come on automatically!

The reason for this is thus:

The FW will pick up JAWS, far quicker than any other soundcard  in my
experience, (this is assuming you have the FW-1884 turned on before you turn on
your PC).
So, no matter what your computers internal soundcard assignments/settings are,
the FW will always hijack the output of JAWS!

Hope this helps,

Your friend in London,

Mike Christer