[ddots-l] Re: focusrite audio card

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 21:44:50 -0400

I just got back from a 12-day trip to England. Anyway, with my Pro14, the lowest buffer setting I have available is 128 when sampling rate is 96K, 64 when it is set to 44.1. Despite what others have said, I do not see lower settings when I change the Firewire Latency parameter. Is this a difference between the Pro14 and other units in the line?

Chris

At 11:48 AM 5/19/2011, you wrote:
You might be able to reduce that round-trip time further by adjusting the firewire buffer settings within the control panel software itself (this has to be done when you donâ??t have your client software loaded).