[ddots-l] Re: first project, Abba intro

  • From: "Tim Burgess" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:28:43 -0000

Steve,

Nice job - you've made my day.

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess
Raised Bar Ltd
Phone:  +44 (0)1827 719822
Mobile:  07989 486976
Web:  http://www.raisedbar.net
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Atherstone-United-Kingdom/Raised-Bar-Ltd/12023
4896800

http://www.raisedbar.net/petition.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Steve Wicketts
Sent: 28 October 2009 12:10
To: ddtots
Subject: [ddots-l] first project, Abba intro

Hi everyone,

After purchasing Sonar 7 and a new Computer, I got so nervous about learning
new technology, I put them both in a cupboard for about 18 Months.

Darren Heartland from the forum was the guy who eventually persuaded me to
grab the bull by the horns.

If it wasn't for Darren Heartland, Phil Muir, Brian Smart, Tim Burgess and
many others who took time to answer my sometime stupid questions, I would
have
never got my head around this fantastic technology.

This is my first completed project using Sonar 7.
Everything on this track except Dimension Pro, is simply the softsynths and
effects plugins that come with Sonar 7.
I'd been ask to write an Intro for a Abba tribute band.
They didn't just want a medley of Abba tracks, they wanted something a
little more classy.
I came up with the idea of creating a kind of Abba medley mash up.
Below is a link to Darren Heartland's web site as I don't quite understand
yet how you upload music.

http://www.darrenhartland.com/starintros/starintros.html

Steve W