[ddots-l] Re: buying midi files

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 00:01:40 -0400

Coming up with your own backing midi arrangements is not hard! Change the key or the tempo. Come up wiht an interesting intro or ending. Put the song into a different style. If the melody is strong, it will withstand such tinkering just fine, and you'll give the audience something new to listen to for a change.

Band-in-a-Box can help with this, and just load the stuff into Sonar and tweak all you want.

Heh otherwise, why bother? Why not just sset up a keyboard, hit the demo button so it rattles off a Chopin prelude or something, and pretend to play? Nobody will know the difference and you'll get your $50 for the night.

Sorry, I probably sound like a grumpy old guy, going on like "back in my day, when we had real musicians playing music in public" *LOL*

Chris