[ddots-l] Re: buying midi files

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 23:53:24 -0400

Are you singing over top of these?

Honestly, if I'm going to sit in a bar and listen to popular songs, and there isn't a whole band or at least a couple of live performers involved, I would prefer a DJ playing the actual familiar recording, to someone doing nothing more than karaoke over canned synthesizer backgrounds.

I hope that doesn't ruffle too many feathers here. I realize it's hard to get an establishment to pay for a band, but if you're going to perform to backing tracks, the least you could do for the audience is make those tracks somehow unique and your own in some way.

I've sometimes come across people playing over top of canned tracks and immediately recognized that I own the same tracks at home for practicing to. Give me a break!

Chris

use midi files for live performances. i dont want to invest the time in sequencing any songs myself. i know a lot of osngs are available for free downloads, but some i can't find. so i wanted to see if there was a site to buy them from.