[ddots-l] Re: building a new system from scratch.

  • From: "Grant Zolninger" <gzolninger1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:03:02 -0500

If you are going from scratch, I would recommend that your computer be built
in a rack mount casing. you can then mount it with your other music gear to
save space. I also agree with the KVM switch. I have a system like this. My
rack computer shares a rolling travel case with several other rack pieces.
On top of the rolling case is a place for a medium size mixer that can also
tilt at an angle. This rack only takes 2 square feet of floor space and is
about table height. You have lots of options if you are starting fresh. Good
luck!

Grant