[ddots-l] Re: a message for phil

  • From: "neville" <neville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:56:49 -0500

Thanks alot man I will try that!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Christer
  To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 2:09 PM
  Subject: [ddots-l] Re: a message for phil

      Hey Neville!

  Firstly, don't cut and paste your plugs in to the necessary VST folder etc!
  When you open the zip file, press the application button and cursor up to
extract, and direct them that way!

  Next you'll need to "wrap" them!  You can do this with either the Cakewalk
VST Adaptor, which you'll find in the CT 5 folder, in the programmes files in
the start menu.
  Or if you have Directixer installed you can use that!  It's an alternative to
the Cakewalk VST adaptor.
  What this does, is make the plug-ins visible to JAWS, (another irritating
part of being a blind user), and enables us to access some of the controls of
said plug-in!

  To use the Cakewalk VST Adaptor, enter on it, follow the prompt, and press
the next button.

  It'll now ask you to select the folder in which your VST .dll files are
kept/stored.  In this case it'll be the Cakewalk VST plug-ins folderSo navigate
to C:\\Programme Files\Cakewalk VST Plug Ins.

  If you tab there will be a series of check boxes, check the box which says
rescan existing plug-ins, and tab to the next button and press the space bar!

  You'll now have to wait a good 15/20 seconds or so, while the VST adaptor
scans all the plug-ins.
  Wait until it says finish button, press the space bar, and you're done!

  Directixer is a little less cryptic to use, but if you ain't got it installed
it ain't worth mentioning!

  Anyway, good luck, and I hope this helps...

  Mike