[ddots-l] Re: Woot - Fast Track today!

  • From: "Kevin Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 09:34:28 -0500

Again, what is Woot?

-----Original Message-----
From: ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bryan Smart
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 9:14 AM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Woot - Fast Track today!

Dancing Dots often sells the FastTrack USB to people that are on extreme
budgets.

The drivers are stable, it works well with Sonar, and it has simple
controls.

However...

It has only a single mono input that can be used for a mic or instrument.

Its mic input does not support phantom power, so you can only use it with
dynamic microphones.

The software control panel, as with most M-Audio products, isn't
particularly accessible.

It is good if you're broke. However, you'd be served far better by waiting a
month or two, saving some money, and buying something that is more flexible
and accessible than the FastTrack USB.

Bryan

  _____