[ddots-l] What Would Cause No Output From Sonar?

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 18:35:25 -0400

Hi folks.

What would cause no playback output in Sonar?

I'm trying to set up a new project, importing many 24-bit wave files into tracks. I've varified with Winamp and Sound Forge that the files are playable and the correct bit depth/sampling rate. And yet, when I load up the usual AAA template and start importing, I hear nothing but silence and nothing shows on the peak meters as reported by CakeTalking.

Before someone says it, yes I've made sure no tracks or busses are muted or soloed. Hahahaha. The master bus output is to the usual device.

I've even loaded up an old project and it plays fine!

So, is there something else I can check here? I'm starting to panic!

Thanks for any suggestions,

Chris

I'm using the latest Sonar producer and CakeTalking if that helps any.