[ddots-l] Re: What Have You Always Wanted to Know About Audio?

  • From: "Mike Christer" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 20:56:19 +0100

Hey Chris!

I think this is a really good idea, there's many things I personally struggle with...

For instance,
although I totally understand the subject, compression and its practical implementation of, still baffles me...

I guess I simply don't have the ability to just think off the top of my head, that, for instance, alright, I think a ratio of 3 to 1 is needed on that bass, a threshold of whatever should do the trick, and an attack time of etc. etc. etc...

As you know, I'm not a moron, but, for some messed up reason, I still get waylaid down by this subject, in particular?!

l8r

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Smart" <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>