[ddots-l] Re: VU meters in DD

  • From: "Studio Montebello" <studiomontebello@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:34:36 -0400

Absolutely right Phil!!!
Sonar is primarely  a tracking and mixing package and the metering system
caters to these features.
When tracking or mixing down, you're mostly interested in peak metering .
In my opinion and in my practice, mastering is better suited to packages such
as Sound Forge or Wave Lab where the metering systems are much more elaborate.
Jean

Visitez mon site / Visit my site at http://www.studiomontebello.com