[ddots-l] Re: Using One-Shot Samples in The Matrix View

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:35:41 -0500

The reason that the files are starting in the middle is because, in the
matrix's toolbar, you have follows transport enabled. With this function
enabled, then, in simplified terms, your loops will continue to run in sync,
even when they're not playing. So, for example, if you start a drum or
percussion loop playing in the middle of a bar, it will start playing as if it
were triggered at the beginning of the bar. With this function off, loops might
synchronize to tempo, but they'll start playing from their beginning when you
trigger them.

If that doesn't make sense, ask again, and I'll try explaining another way.

Bryan