[ddots-l] Urgent Sibelius Drum Notation Question

  • From: "Chi Kim" <ms22282@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 17:34:21 -0400

Hi,

I'm writing a chart for final project, and I need help for this very quick.
I write my drum notations following the sibelius speaking manual.
When I combine two drum staves into one as hat and cymbols for voice 1, and kick snare tom for voice 2, how do I get rid of the empty bar rests in voice 2?
It didn't happen before, but this time there are empty bar rests on voice 2 for some reason.
Let's say there's an 8 bar section for drums.
I write a drum groove with specific notations for bar 1 and 2.
Then, I write just slashes for the rest of 6 bars on the hat staf which is going to be voice 1.
When I combine those 8 bar sections, there are empty bar rests from bar 3 to 8 on voice 2 which a drummer doesn't need to see.
How do you setup so that it doesn't show the voice 2 when there's nothing on voice 2?
Also, there are drum set, drum kit, and just regular drums in the instrument dialog. How are they different from each other?
Thanks,

Chi ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-