[ddots-l] Upppgrading CT and Sonar? RE: Re: Returning to the list

  • From: "Stacy Bleeks" <sbleeks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:24:16 -0500

Hi,

I've been away for a little while.
I'm guessing it's been discussed before but since it seems to have come up
here I wonder about upgrading from Sonar and CT 6 to 8.

What is the cost?
Also, will my JAWS version 8 be adequate?

Finally, I have an Axiom 49 midi controller.  I would love it if I could
easily make use of the cool knobs and faders with the newer Sonar 8.

Any answers or input will make my day.

Many thanks.

I found that the audio engine in Sonar 5 was better (at least more pleasing
to me) than Sonar 6.

I am also encouraged about the lower Cpu load as I start to get slowdowns
etc. even with my dual core 4 G comp.

Stacy