[ddots-l] Re: Upgrading to A Different Version of JAWS

Hi, All,

Yes, after installing a new version of JAWS, you must reinstall CakeTalking
for SONAR.

JAWS 13 is completely untested and unsupported with CakeTalking 8.5.

Note carefully the following excerpt from our CakeTalking 8.5 support page
at http://www.dancingdots.com/support/supportcaketalking85.htm

CakeTalking 8.5 officially runs under Windows XP Home, XP Professional,
Windows Vista and Windows 7.
You must use JAWS 7.10, 8.x, 9, 10 11 or 12. For Windows 7, you must use
JAWS 11 or 12. CakeTalking 8.5 has been found to work with JAWS 12 under
Windows7, but it has only been extensively tested with Jaws 11. That is,
Dancing Dots does not officially support using CakeTalking 8.5 with JAWS 12
but many customers do so and have not experienced technical difficulties
doing so. If you encounter a technical problem using CakeTalking 8.5 with
JAWS 12, install JAWS 11, reinstall CakeTalking, and call Dancing Dots if
the problem persists. Please purchase or upgrade your JAWS for Windows
through Dancing Dots.

Regards,
Bill

Bill McCann